Tankless water heaters for the home are becoming very popular — especially when you think about the fact that heating water accounts for 25% of the energy used your home. It only makes sense to heat water more efficiently, if you can.
Unlike a conventional water heater that is constantly “on” in order to have hot water available when you need it, a tankless water heater is different in that it turns “on” only when it’s needed and heats your water on demand.
Tankless water heaters cost 3 times more than conventional hot water heaters to buy and install, so you’re probably wondering if they are really worth it or not.
On-demand tankless water heaters are heated either by electricity, natural gas, or propane. The gas models were found to be 22% more efficient than electric models. This finding equates to about $75 in annual utility savings, based on an average home’s use of 77 gallons of hot water per day. Source
Following are the pros & cons and details about the cost and installation of tankless water heaters…
- Never runs out of hot water.
- Heats water directly without having to have a storage tank.
- Just the size of a carry-on suitcase, it takes up less space on the wall and no floor space
- Doesn’t have the heat loss that a conventional water heater has.
- Can provide between 2 to 5 gallons of hot water per minute.
- Less risk of water damage.
- A gas-fired one delivers higher flow rates than an electric one, but both can save you money in the long run.
- Longer life expectancy than traditional hot water tanks (20 years vs 12 years).
With tankless water heaters, there’s no tank to leak or break, thus reducing the risk of flooding. Plus, both Rinnai and Noritz offer a line of controllers that make it easy to set water temperatures precisely for multiple locations in your home to ensure comfort and prevent scalding accidents.
Temecula Plumbers tankless water heater technicians are leading installers and repair experts. Our company is a certified dealer and installer for Rinnai and Noritz tankless water heaters, however we are experienced in repairing and installing a variety of brands.
We specialize in both Temecula tankless water heater repair and installation, and our friendly experts will ensure that the job gets done quickly and efficiently.